Happy Pancake Day!
Why not try these yummy healthy oat pancakes. This recipe trumps your 'standard' pancake recipes because it's higher in soluble fibre and low GI meaning it will keep you fuller for longer (because of the oat flour) and is packed with antioxidants thanks to the blueberries.
If you wanted to increase the protein content of the pancakes you could increase the tablespoon of yoghurt up to 100g of yoghurt or quark (type of fresh cheese high in protein and calcium and low in fat).
Seeing as pancake day is only once a year why not enjoy these scrumptious pancakes as a weekend breakfast or lunch? :)
50g oat flour*
3 tbsp natural yoghurt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
*Blend 50g rolled oats in a food processor to make oat flour
1. Mix all the dry ingredients (oat flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg).
2. Whisk in the wet ingredients (,ilk, egg and yoghurt).
3. Mix in half the blueberries.
4. Heat your pan on medium heat with 1 tsp vegetable oil and pour in small amounts of the mixture.
5. Cook each pancake for 2-3 min each side.
6. Stack your pancakes and top with your chosen topping. I chose natural yoghurt, the remainder of the blueberries and a sprinkling of dessicated coconut and accompanied with fresh mango *YUM*
*Bon Appetite* :)