Baked oats are my new favorite thing for breakfast, best thing since high heels! The flavors are amazing, it’s super easy an great for a cold and rainy autumn day.
You can choose what spices and fruit and/or nuts you use to suit your mood.
2 cups (175 grams) rolled oats
2 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla extract/ flavor
1 tsp flaxseed
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp mixed spice
1 apple a ½ cup raisins
1 cup raspberries (I used frozen)
*You can add other fruit and also nuts
1. Heat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, spices and half your fruit and nuts. Add to prepared baking dish.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and vanilla extract. Then pour over the oats and fruit. 4. Gently shimmy the baking dish to ensure the mixture covers all the oats.
5. Scatter over the remainder of the fruit and nuts.
6. Bake for approximately 20 min. Avoid over baking so the bake doesn't dry out; you want it cooked but with some moisture.
7. Serve with a dollop of natural yogurt and enjoy J
*You can serve warm or cold
|Apple and raisins|
|Raspberry and banana|
*Bon Appetite* :)