This super healthy dish is not only yummy but only takes approximately 30 minutes to prepare, perfect for dinner after a busy day. The dish can be accompanied with almost anything, I chose sweet potato and butter nut squash wedges and boiled broccoli.
* Salmon is packed with essential nutrients, especially protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Research shows that omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation and may help lower risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are highly concentrated in the brain and appear to be important for cognitive (brain memory and performance) and our behavioural function.
Need any more convincing? Thought not so get cracking and enjoy this scrumptious healthy deluxe fish and 'chips' J
Handful of basil leaves
Butter nut squash
Rosemary (dried or fresh)
- Slice the butter nut squash and sweet potato into wedges. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and rosemary (I used dried). Place in the oven at 180 C and bake for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the wedges are cooking mix the lemon juice and basil leaves. This can be done two ways; either blend the lemon juice and the basil leaves into a paste using a food processor or roughly chop the basil and mix with the juice. Once this is done cover/ drizzle over the top of the salmon fillet.
- Slice the tomato and place the slices on top of the salmon fillet
- Place the fillet in the oven or under the grill for approximately 10 minutes (This will depend on the thickness of the fillet).
- When you place the salmon in the oven bring the broccoli to the boil for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your yummy healthy deluxe fish and chips J