These cookies are great! They are based on oats fruit and nuts so are packed full of vitamins, antioxidants and healthy fats and there is no added fat or sugar. They are dead easy to make, can be enjoyed any time of the day and are great to have on the go as a quick snack. I sometimes make these on a Sunday and have one as a pre-workout snack during the week.
So instead of buying sugary high in fat cookies make your own healthy version J
80g (~ 1 cup) Oats
½ cup mixed berries (I used frozen)
125ml milk (~1/2 cup) milk
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
20g (~1 tbsp) chopped almonds
1 medium egg
1 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 C.
- Mix the oats, almonds, nutmeg, cinnamon & berries in a bowl.
- Beat the egg and milk and mix with the dry ingredients.
- Mould into cookies and place on a baking tray (I made 4 larger cookies, you could make 6 or 8 smaller ones).
- Bake for 25 – 30 min.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
These cookies are yummy on their own or accompanied with some natural yoghurt.
**Here are some suggestions of other add-ins:
1) Fresh berries (instead of frozen), walnuts (instead of almonds)
2) A handful of dark chocolate chips (dark chocolate has less fat and is higher in antioxidants)
3) Dried cranberries/ raisins/ apricots and chopped pecans (instead of almonds)
4) If you fancy something a bit sweeter try adding a teaspoon of honey
5) Desiccated coconut.
If you have any other suggestions please let me know J
*Bon Appetite* J