Although it’s winter time I still enjoy a tasty salad. Particularly when I’m feeling homesick and when it’s close to Christmas I really enjoy this Portuguese inspired cod salad recipe (cod is eaten traditionally at Christmas in Portugal).
It’s a very simple and easy recipe, it only requires cooking a cod fillet and chopping. The best part is that it includes one my favourite herbs – coriander.
1 tin chickpeas
~30g French beans (I used frozen)
½ red onion
½ lemon juiced
1 teaspoon olive oil
Sprinkle black pepper
*You could also add 1 boiled egg to the salad.
1. Boil the cod fillet for approx 10min. After 5 min add the French beans.
2. Chop the cucumber, tomatoes, onion and coriander and mix.
3. Allow the fish and beans to cool. Whilst they are cooling mixt tra dressing.
4. Flake the fish and add along with the French beans to the rest of the ingredients.
5. Add the dressing and mix.
6. Serve and enjoy :)
|Two tasty and healthy lunch servings prepared in under 15 minutes!|