Why not get your bake on this weekend with these scrumptious muffins?! They contain no added butter or refined sugar and are super moist as a result of the mashed banana and strawberries.
Perfect as a pre-exercise snack!
200g rolled oats (100g blended into oat flour*)
2 ripe bananas (mashed)
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
*To create oat flour simply blend the rolled oats in a food processor.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients (oats & oat flour with the baking powder & cinnamon)
3. Mix in the mashed bananas before mixing in the strawberries
4. Whisk together the wet ingredients (honey, oil, egg, milk & vanilla)
5. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture until all of the dry mixture is coated
6. Divide into ~12 muffin cases (I used silicon cases and a non-stick cake tray)
7. Bake for ~25 min until cooked (a tooth-pick/ skewer should come out clean!)
8. Allow to cool on a cooling wrack
9. Enjoy J
Tip: These muffins can be frozen and eaten later.
*Bon Appetite* J