Busy day at work? Not enough time to cook?
Not only does this recipe only involve 5 min of chopping (the oven does the rest for you) it is also both delicious and nutritious!
Whilst the potato is baking there is plenty of time to catch up on other chores.
*Sweet potato: great source of carotenoid pigments (antioxidants) and Vitamin A, great source of fibre and studies suggest anti-inflammatory health benefits. It also has a low Glycemic Index (GI) meaning it will be slowly absorbed, thus will help even out blood sugar levels.
1 small or ½ large sweet potato (~100g)
½ red onion
1 small red chilli
Juice 1 lime
- Wash the potato and prick several times with a fork/knife.
- Place in a baking tray and bake for ~40min at 200C.
- Finely chop the onion, tomatoes, avocado, chilli and coriander.
- Combine in a bowl and mix with the lime juice. Place in the fridge until the potato is cooked.
- Once the potato is baked cut open, place on a plate and spoon over the salsa.
- Serve and enjoy J
*Bon Appetite* J