Long day at work? Cold outside? Have this scrumptious soup which will warm you up from the inside out.
*Recent studies suggest beetroot can help lower blood pressure, boost exercise performance and prevent dementia.
- *Fennel is a good source of fibre, folate, potassium, vitamin C and several phytonutrients which studies suggest may link fennel to anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and blood pressure regulating effects.
250ml boiled water
200g beetroot uncooked
1 clove garlic
1 red onion
1 teaspoon root ginger
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Peel the beetroot and wash the fennel. Chop them into small chunks.
2. Sweat the onion, ginger and garlic with 1 tsp of olive oils and 1 tbsp of water.
3. Add the beetroot and fennel and stir.
4. Add the water and leave to simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
5. Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend.
6. Serve and enjoy J
Tip: You can serve with a swirl of natural yoghurt.